March 17, 2010

Sing… Singapore



Let's see - Monday I logged one reader from Singapore. Tuesday, I had two. Wednesday? Hmmmm.... Clearly it's only a matter of time before we become the most popular blog south of the Malay Peninsula.


So welcome and
"Majulah Singapura" to all my new friends south of Johor.

And for the rest of the world - here are a few facts you might not know (and for all I know, might not actually be true) about that super groovy place known as Singapore.


  • The capital of Singapore is Singapore, making rote memorization that much easier for American geography students.
  • Singapore (the city) was founded by Sir Stamford Raffles, which you'll have to go a long way in convincing me was not actually a cat.
  • Apparently, Vanda Miss Joaquim is not a contestant on RuPaul's Drag Race, but rather is the national flower of Singapore.

Lipsynch for your life!
  • More children are born in Singapore during October than any other month of the year… meaning they must have AMAZING New Year's parties.
  • Changi Airport has won the 'Best Airport' award from the UK/Europe edition of 'Business Traveller' magazine. This is the roof of the airport:

  • And of course, it is the home of that great man, Richard Chandler, who I'm sure would not want me to suddenly change the object of my blog's devotion. Hint, hint...

No comments:

Post a Comment