September 15, 2009

Heaven Has a New Bouncer

While Kanye West is probably busy thinking of exactly what he’s going to say to interrupt Patrick Swayze’s funeral – “Yo, preacher, I’m gonna let you finish, but Casper was the greatest ghost of all time. OF ALL TIME! Ditto, yo.” - most everyone else I know is busy thinking about the late actor’s body of work.

In fact, most of my friends’ Facebook status updates over the past few hours have referenced the absence of people putting Baby in a corner, Wolverines!!!!, She’s Like the Wind, pottery wheels, Ponyboy and surfing with Keanu. However, not a one has drawn attention to my favorite Swayze role – that of “self-help guru” Jim Cunningham in Donnie Darko.

In this clip from the movie - Swayze’s part starts at 5:17 if you want to skip ahead to it - Cunningham has been asked to speak at a high school, and is running through his usual B.S. until he is confronted by one student who sees through the crap and isn’t afraid to say so. Enjoy!



1 comment:

  1. Thank you sir, for the Casper joke - that made my morning (I won't even tell you my lame Whoopi Goldberg joke - I'm not Worthy! I'm not Worthy!)

    ReplyDelete