September 4, 2009

Enjoy Hogsmeade

With this being the last day before the Labor Day Weekend kicks off, and most of my readers will probably be spending the day crafting their early escape from the office, I thought I'd keep today's post brief.

I'm a fan of the Harry Potter series. While it’s not the greatest work of literature ever crafted by any means, it certainly is something I enjoyed reading more than say, Anne Rice and her 500-page descriptions of “magnolia in the air” – I get it Anne, your story is set in New Orleans.


But I digress…


Anyway, a group of college kids who were huge fans of J.K. Rowling's books and the movies got together earlier this year and put together an original Harry Potter musical. They did five performances over three nights for free. Frankly, after watching the YouTube video – they vastly undercharged. While there are a few parts that don’t quite work, and there are a few audio issues, all in all, it’s quite a treat - and quite entertaining.


Here’s the start of the opening number… the entire musical is online. It may take a few hours to watch the entire show, but hey – that’s what no-work Mondays are for, right? Let me know what you think…



No comments:

Post a Comment