December 23, 2009

Of Course, Of Course



AP recently announced their Athletes of the Year, and while there were some who thought they may have missed the mark when it came to their Male winner, at least the top names in the voting all had legitimate arguments: Jimmie Johnson, Roger Federer, Usain Bolt, Kobe Bryant...

But as for the Female Vote? I have no issue at all with Serena Williams winning the award, but I do with who came in second - or rather... WHAT came in second. A horse. Yes, Zenyatta was a big winner on the track, taking the prestigious Breeder's Cup... but it's a horse. To me, anyone who voted for Zenyatta should be ashamed of themselves.

What's next? The Oscar goes to... the dog from "Up!"

Though to be honest, when I first saw the results I actually thought perhaps Zenyatta was a Brazilian soccer star... so maybe I'm the one who should be embarrassed.

1 comment: