December 18, 2009

Any Seinfeld Fanatics Out There?



OK, I was a regular viewer of "Seinfeld" when it was on the air, but my memory of the show over the years has become as blurry as the picture of the wacky gang above... even now when I tune in to a rerun already in progress I often have absoltuely no recollection of the episode in question, nor do I even have any idea what the basic storyline for that half-hour was.

Recently a friend of mine who was a big fan of the show back in the day described a scene to me that sounded familiar, but again, I was fuzzy on the particulars. I was wondering if anybody here could flesh out the details for me. Jerry and George were standing, waiting for an elevator, and the dialogue went something like this:

Jerry: Hey, George. Come here.
George: What?
Jerry: Look at this sign.
George (reading): "You are here." So?
Jerry (takes a step to the right): Come here. (George follows.) Now what does it say?
George: "You are here."
Jerry: But you moved. NOW you're here. You WERE there.
George: You're saying the sign is wrong.
Jerry: Or WAS wrong.
George (after a pause): Did I ever tell you my theory on why I'm your only friend?

Anyone out there remember the circumstances of this conversation... where they were, what they were doing, etc.? Please comment away!

No comments:

Post a Comment